Thanks to Silver Linnings Project for nominating me for a Liebster award (an award for new bloggers). I’m honored she thought enough of my blog to nominate me.
Here are the rules associated with the Liebster award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
- When did you start blogging?
- What has surprised you most about blogging?
- Please tell us more about the name of your blog
- Which blog post are you most proud of and why?
- If your blog became a film, who would play you?
- If your blog had a soundtrack, what would be the opening song?
- What are you grateful for today? (big or small)?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What has been the best advice you’ve received?
Who or what inspired you to start blogging? I was inspired to start this blog because I missed Live Spaces. I used to blog on there and developed friendships with quite a few folks. That space was closed down and I lost all the content to my old blog because I didn’t transfer it or save it to my hard drive by the deadline given. I stopped blogging. I started blogging again when I decided to simplify my life and to get back to the core of my being. I started this blog as a way to keep a record of my growth as a person. Also I thought if I could inspire just one person that would be great indeed. Small things matter.
When did you start blogging? I started this blog in 2011 but I didn’t post to it regularly. I really started posting more regularly last year.
What has surprised you most about blogging? It’s just like everything else in life if you don’t keep at it, it will slip through the cracks. I don’t think I’ll ever establish (here on WordPress) the camaraderie I developed with the bloggers on Live Spaces. Live Spaces felt more intimate somehow. It felt more like a village.
Please tell us more about the name of your blog? I believe that we never stop growing, learning, and changing. Everyday I’m becoming more and more myself by taking control of my thoughts, my being, how I respond to life etc. I am also living a more intentional life. I am Becoming Myself thus the name of my blog “onbecomingmyself”
Which blog post are you most proud of and why? That’s kind of difficult because I don’t think I’ve really put out that much great content so far. Keep coming back though, I’m getting there :-). If I have to pick, one I guess I’ll say this one.
If your blog became a film who would play you? As of today either Macy Gray or Erykah Badu.
If your blog had a soundtrack what would be the opening song? She’s got diamonds on the soles of her shoes by Paul Simon, because of the symbolism in that song.
What are you grateful for today? (big or small). Today 17 January 2014, I’m grateful that I can afford glasses to be able to read. I picked up my new glasses this morning and I realized there are many people in the world who need glasses but cannot afford to visit the optometrist nor purchase a pair of glasses.
What is your favorite quote? I just got a new favorite quote recently so I’ll list that one. “It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” I used to always worry about what others think of me, but not any more. Now, I dress how I want to, do what I want to, and go where I want to. If anyone thinks it’s ridiculous that’s on them :-).
What has been the best advice you’ve received? Allow people to be kind to you.
I am nominating these four blogs. I know the rules say ten but I only have four. Please follow the rules as posted above. My ten questions are listed below. Have fun.
1. Give one word to describe you.
2. What is your favorite fruit?
3. Do you believe in magic?
4. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert and why?
5. Are you afraid of dying?
6. What did you do yesterday?
7. Do you still write letters? (the kind you put in an envelope, put a stamp on, and drop in the mail).
8. Why do you blog?
9. If your blog had a soundtrack, what would be the opening song?
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?